Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Two snakes coming together over a black sun? A magnificent standard!

I'm reading: Two snakes coming together over a black sun? A magnificent standard!Tweet this!
Ever since I saw Conan the Barbarian I've loved Thulsa Doom's standard; two snakes over a flaming black sun.
Two snakes... facing each uzza... I've toyed with the idea of getting a tattoo of it for a long time. Now I found this t-shirt on ebay to hold me over:
The shirt is based on the image the credits roll over, and not the detailed standard, unfortunately. But it'll do for now. The jade pendant Conan steals from the Tower of Set was always a prop I coveted; I've read of a fan who managed to make a cast of it to make his own:
The huge standard is the best one, but where could you get it tattooed? The back is obvious, with a snake on each shoulder. But I hate back tats, since you can't see them yourself. The chest? I don't want snakes encircling my man-boobs! It's one of the most painful places for a tattoo, and I am hairy like animal. I might get a small one on my right arm if I can come up with the right art. My girlfriend hates snakes and won't help. A co-worker came up with one but it was a bit too stylized with the typical "evil snake." I'm waiting for Conan to come out on Blu-Ray so I can get a really hi-res capture of it.

1 comment:

  1. Im a huge fan of the movie, and I've always used the logo at the end of the movie (the same the girl is using in the t-shirt) as my avatar in many forums.. I've also considered of getting a tattoo of it, but never did it..

    Steel isn't strong, boy, flesh is stronger!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.