Monday, April 27, 2009

Pontiac-ac-ac-ac you oughtta know by now

I'm reading: Pontiac-ac-ac-ac you oughtta know by nowTweet this!
My father had a Firebird in the '80s, and I was a little Knight Rider fan. I used to daydream that we were chasing bad guys, and pored over Fiero literature. I kept thinking, "why didn't they give Michael Knight a kid sidekick (me) with a Fiero" and stuff. probably because the cars used to catch on fire.

Someday people won't know what these strange plastic cars are, and we can say Poor Old Newbie Thinks It's a Cadillac? Those Grand Prix GTPs- and the GTO of course- were the last cars I remember admiring, despite their awful looks. Every time I saw a Pontiac I used to think "they almost made a nice car." They just couldn't get everything together. Even those fast TA's like the Firehawk looked like they were late to the Batmobile party. But at least they tried to make exciting cars. RIP.

1 comment:

  1. I think most of America gave up on Pontiac with the unveiling of the Aztec.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.